SphereOI is a high performance studio with exceptional data scientists, engineers, and product designers. We value digital innovation that challenges the status quo by making products that are meaningful for government and commercial customers. There’s no checklist mentality for product development at SphereOI. Our innovation follows a North Star vision and design with Strong Centers that keeps each product authentic to what is most meaningful to the customer. By centering our effort on what is most meaningful, we deliver transformative innovation.
SphereOI is seeking a Data Scientist Intern to work in our analytics studio in McLean, VA, where our team develops and operationalizes advanced analytic solutions for government and commercial customers. In this role, you will be a contributor on an established team tasked with developing analytic models and algorithm solution pipelines using R, Python, or Java.
What You Will Be Doing
- Perform data reduction and normalization
- Participate in a weekly “Demo Thursday” where the team demonstrates work-in-progress
- Develop, enhance, test and evaluate algorithms for data processing and exploitation
- Develop and conduct experiments for performance validation
What You Need for this Position
- Nearing completion of a degree in Math, Statistics, Data Science, Physics or related technical field
- Hands on experience developing statistical, mathematical, and predictive models using an analysis platform such as R or Python
- Knowledge of SQL and database concepts is a plus
- Knowledge of at least one programming language such as Java or C# is a plus