SphereOI is a high performance studio with exceptional data scientists, engineers, and product designers. We value digital innovation that challenges the status quo by making products that are meaningful for government and commercial customers. There’s no checklist mentality for product development at SphereOI. Our innovation follows a North Star vision and design with Strong Centers that keeps each product authentic to what is most meaningful to the customer. By centering our effort on what is most meaningful, we deliver transformative innovation.
SphereOI is seeking a Software Developer Intern to work in our digital studio in Lakewood, Colorado where our team builds digital solutions for government and commercial customers. In this role, you will be a contributor on an established team tasked with building software using a wide range of technologies from full stack web development and big data platforms, to large distributed systems and microservices architectures.
What You Will Be Doing
- Create, maintain, and enhance complex diverse software systems
- Develop software solutions for big data and cloud environments
- Design and develop microservices using REST and API gateways
- Develop frictionless user interface for web and mobile platforms
- Participate in weekly “Demo Thursday” where the team demonstrates work-in-progress
- Collaborate with colleagues and customers in delivering new features
What You Need for this Position
- Nearing completion of a degree in computer science or related technical field
- Hands on experience with at least one programming language such as Java or C#
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of SQL and database concepts is a plus