SphereOI is a high performance studio with exceptional data scientists, engineers, and product designers. We value digital innovation that challenges the status quo by making products that are meaningful for government and commercial customers. There’s no checklist mentality for product development at SphereOI. Our innovation follows a North Star vision and design with Strong Centers that keeps each product authentic to what is most meaningful to the customer. By centering our effort on what is most meaningful, we deliver transformative innovation.
SphereOI is seeking an Application Operations Engineer to join our IC technology group that works with customers to support operational systems, as well as migrate legacy application solutions to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud. The technical disciplines for this position include knowledge of Unix-based systems, network infrastructures, AWS and continuous integration tools. The ideal candidate for this position has experience with all aspects of operations for complex, mission critical systems.
What You Will Be Doing
- Identify operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance
- Troubleshoot issues for complex, distributed environments
- Become an expert in understanding the application to aid in problem resolution
- Work with customer and team members to migrate on-premise applications and data to AWS
- Deploy and monitor cloud based application environments
- Code pipelines and create automated solutions that can be reused
What You Need for this Position
- Relevant experience in an operational support capacity
- Hands on experience administering Linux operating systems (Red Hat or CentOS is preferred)
- Practical experience with AWS is a plus
- BS/BA in computer science or related technical experience